Welcome back to a new school year! We are now counting the minutes until our wonderful students, new and returning, cross the threshold into their school and re-ignite their learning journey. What a wonderful time we will all enjoy in the coming week!
This summer, I had the opportunity to digest some wonderful literature, but one book stands out in my learning and growing. Rev. Gregory Boyle has inspired me this summer through wisdom and thoughtful reflection on the things that really matter. He brings a message that amplifies the importance of human kinship, the community becoming one in purpose and providence. While I have reflected on it often, it is important to remind us all again of one of our core values, “Work together. Because without us all we’re nothing.”
It was profound for me to immerse myself in stories of the importance of the community. Nothing spectacularly new here for you to learn. We have been taught to cooperate since the day we started Kindergarten. It is built into the human reality that we recognize the power of the group over the individual. We accept that together is more important than alone in almost every aspect of our lives leaving only the smallest sliver to isolation. This is even more important in schools where these truths are first tested and ultimately become part of character and accomplishment.
As we come back together this year, let’s find our unifying purpose and the collective opportunity to nurture the future in the minds and hearts of our children. It is important, as inspired by Rev. Boyle’s words, that we fight the distraction of focusing on the narrow and instead seek the collective purpose of narrowing our focus on the things that really matter, celebrating the kinship and community that makes us one.
May the start next week offer insight and confidence in the diligent care of all our children! Here’s the reminders of the dates and times in case you missed it last week:
- New Family & Student Orientation, Monday, August 19, 9:00a, Cafeteria & Theater
- First Day of School, Tuesday, August 20
- Director’s Welcome Back Coffee, Tuesday, August 20, 8:45a, Cafeteria
- PTO Kickoff General Meeting, Friday, August 23, 8:45a, Multi-Purpose Room
School start and end times remain the same as last year. Wednesday morning late start begins with the first week of school:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday
- Student arrival – no earlier than 8:00 am
- School starts for Grades 11-12 at 8:20 am
- School starts for PK-10 at 8:30 am
- School ends for Grades 11-12 at 3:20 pm
- School ends for PK-10 at 3:30 pm
Wednesday (Late Start for students!)
- Student arrival – no earlier than 8:45 am (cafeteria open)
- School starts for all at 9:30 am
- School ends for all at 3:30 pm